10 things you need to know about … Michael Bernstein
TCNJ’s newly minted president was happy to share a few fun facts to help us all get to know him.
Even though he loves a good mystery (James Lee Burke is a favorite author of his), TCNJ’s interim president, Michael Bernstein, shares a few facts about himself.
1. I don’t dance, I don’t know how to ice skate, and I don’t speak a language other than English, which has always bothered me.
2. I’ve been a Yankees fan since I was a little boy. Although, they played like meatballs this season, so I didn’t enjoy them as much.
3. I golf badly, and haven’t played in a long time. But my father was a really good golfer, so I have a lot of good memories of playing with him.
4. I confess, finding work-life balance has not always been my greatest art. But family means a lot to me.
5. My daughters make me smile. They’re perfect in every way. They’re 34 and 27 years old, and both live in Los Angeles.
6. I majored in economics. But I took a class in economic anthropology and wow, it blew my mind. If I could do it over again, I would study anthropology.
7. The best career advice I could give to anyone is to find a passion and be committed. Do what inspires you.
8. I’ve had the opportunity to travel a lot. I’ve been to China, Japan, Korea, and Alaska. All great. I have soloed an airplane. Places I’d like to go: India and also backpacking overnight in Zion National Park.
9. An ultimate bucket list item would be to go to a Stanley Cup final elimination game, preferably with the Rangers.
10. My perfect day on campus as an undergraduate: end of exams; it was the best day of all. Perfect day now, as an administrator: start of the term.
Picture Anthony DePrimo
Posted on October 12, 2023