1. Competition was fierce: TCNJ received 11,337 applications (a record).
2. Among the 1,470 first-year students enrolled are 395 former varsity captains, 42 former class presidents, and 10 sets of twins.
3. Defying categorization, this class also includes a pageant winner, a licensed pilot, a sailing champ, a bereavement camp counselor, a furniture restorer, a sitar player, and a student who founded a charity that finances low-cost meals for senior citizens living in India.
4. A student from Taiwan made the longest trip to get to TCNJ (7,898 miles), while 10 Ewing residents opted to stay within the township limits for their college experience.
5. Samantha and Matthew are the most popular names in this crowd, with 20 and 23, respectively.
6. Biology, nursing, and psychology are the most popular majors for this class.
7. If you want to know how to get to Carnegie Hall, ask one of the seven freshmen who’ve performed there. Their answer will likely be, “Practice, practice, practice!”
8. The Class of 2019 talks. A lot. In many languages (31, to be exact).
9. Can you imagine a world without Google? This class doesn’t have to. Most of them were born in 1997; Google was founded in 1998.
10. Attending TCNJ is a family tradition for the 230 freshmen with a legacy connection (a parent, sibling, or grandparent who is a TCNJ grad).